Tuesday 28 January 2014

My Travel to Ghana, First Impressions

My travel to Ghana
My Travel to Ghana
16th July, 2013
 At first I was anxious of how things would be like in Ghana. I could never really form a picture in my head about it; all that ever came up was either negative images from world news or the lion king... two huge extremes. I had only ever heard good things about Ghana; that the people are nice and friendly and sweet.
First impressions really do make all the difference. When my last flight landed, after 33 hours spent travelling from Australia to Ghana, I was not as exhausted as I thought I would be. I left the plane and headed towards the Immigration Desk. The man behind the counter asked me what brought me to ghana, I replied quietly with the reason of volunteering. He told me I was beautiful and asked if we could be friends. I didnt think I heard him right so I asked him to repeat himself, only to get the exact same response. I told him we could be friends. He asked for my facebook, which I took the paper he gave me and wrote my name. Soon after papers were done he gave me my passport back. My travel to ghana was accepted. To my surprise I found a little loose paper between the pages where he had placed his name and number. Never would I have thought I would enter a country in that way.

I have already met some wonderful people from all over the world, tonight I spend a night in Accra, the capital city of Ghana. Some other volunteers are here too, but there's only one guy from Canada who is also working with Projects Abroad in Cape Coast.
Tomorrow morning we will travel to Cape Coast after breakfast. Im lucky to have wifi tonight because of the hostel, however I am unsure of whether I will have any connections at my host home. I have no idea what to expect, but i'm really enjoying this journey.

I feel safe here, the people are so friendly and curtious. When you walk down the street they always make the effort to say hello. I think my travel will be a memorable one.

Im excited for tomorrow, I get to meet my host family and see my placement.

I love you, sweet dreams <3

No comments:

Post a Comment